Scoping studies define the process in which various methods are obtained and explained to design a study process. Moreover, it is a process in which main topics, keywords, strategies are made on a particular study. This is a design process in which various methods and main theories are designed and explained. This topic's main reason is to identify the actual process of a particular study and determine its actual path. By these scoping studies, critical things of a particular topic also identify. In the context of scoping studies, social values define one experience of alternation in their life. All social values are not recognized as necessary, so all social values do not affect an organization's work. When someone increases their confidence level, then social values come. So social value is one of the essential things but not able to be measured every time. Besides this, social value is not the type of things which can easily be expressed. Instead, social values are not easy to express as compared to financial values. In the UK, social values help to make someone's decision at where someone can invest their assets. Keywords always define the essential things. It helps to describe the main content within some words. When someone searches a particular topic on the web, then keywords help to locate the exact things and help researchers (Egan et al. 2017). So keywords on a literature review are the main things which help to find someone's research paper. It is the summary in a word structure which describes the whole thing and makes it easy to find some specific topic. These keywords play a vital role in literature review as finding a topic is one of the essential things in a literature review. In the context of Arksey and O'Malley (2005) research topic, there are some proposals made. Those proposals are made in such a way as, first of all, research questions should be identified. This is the first stage. In the subsequent studies, which are correlated are identified. After finding co-related studies, shortlist those studies at their effectiveness. After studying the selection process, all the data should be arranged in a proper way. Lastly, all the data and stats should be shortlisted, and also reported the data should be done (Olusoga et al. 2019). 'Research Gap' may be assumed as variable as there is no actual definition of research gap; in finding research gaps, Arksey & O'Malley help. This gives a clear view of the research gap. Research gaps may be defined in various ways. This scoping study increases day after day. As this is a process by which a literature review can be made more developed so this process is adopted nowadays widely in number. These scoping studies adopted widely as this has a significant chance to establish literature in a different style. Besides this, it also has some bad things (Romano et al. 2020). According to Newman, in the construction industry, knowledge is the critical thing for an organization. So in the context of critical review, knowledge is one of the main things but not the only main things. Communication also affects the construction industry (mural. Maynooth university. i.e., 2017).
In the year of 2005, Arksey and O'Malley first invented this framework. This framework helps to develop the process of scoping studies. As scoping studies increase highly day by day so this plays a vital role in this. This framework helps researchers to find their topic on the web. For the considerable research range, this framework is used. This framework also gives a proper system in the point of reviewing. This framework included some process. Such as in Arksey and O'malley's framework, first, identify the research question (Andenæs et al., 2018). Then those ideas have to identify which correspond to research questions. Those correspond to ideas arranged in such a way by their work or effectiveness. In the next stage, all stats should be organized in a proper manner. After arranging all the data, data should be reported at the last stage in this framework. This framework also helps to make a map on the context of scoping of studies. It also helps to find the information, which also helps the stakeholder (Shibasaki et al., 2019). The invention of this framework or the main aim of this framework to identify the main topic by the researcher. It also includes research in a wide range. This is the key aim to establish this framework. From the six strategies on Arksey and O'Malley's model, first, have to identify the question related to the research. By this process, whole strategies are developed. The following stages define the process of identification of correlated studies. So in identifying the correlated work, there are some sources which help to get data. Those sources may be a reference list, or sources may be from electronic databases or, lastly, hand searching (Godin et al., 2019). Hand searching may be from critical journals. Those data which are missed from the reference list and database are found from hand searching key journals. The third stage of Arksey and O'Malley's model is a selection of various studies. In the study, there is a lot of variation there. So this phase helps to select relevant study according to their importance (Nnedinma, 2017). For this purpose, a process is needed where studies may be eliminated which are far away from the research topic. In the following process, processes are made to organize all the data. Charting data will be shown in an excel form using a database program. Those all data are organized like, at first there should include the study location, as well as the author's name and publication's year (Thomas et al., 2019). Then there should be mentioned time needed for interference. After that, there should be mention of the row of the study population. After that, the object of study has to be determined. Lastly, crucial results are recorded as information. So there is a clear indication that applying Arksey and O'Malley's framework, a developed and well-structured scope of studies may be formed in literature review as well as in the construction industry. Daudt et al.'s (2013), Hawker et al. (2002) and others played a vital contribution in enhancing the scoping of study methods. Those papers help to give an overall idea about the literature review. Among those crucial aims, some are in such a way like those article papers that construct a specific search and publish them. Constructed a proper road map for searching the scoping reviews. After mapping, examine them properly. At last, make recommendations on the basis of their results. So those are the vital contributions of Daudt et al.'s (2013), Hawker et al. (2002) and others in enhancing the scope of study materials in the construction industry.
Results and Discussion
Arksey and O'Malley's framework is presented in this paper. This method is used for developing and identifying scoping of studies in the construction industry in-depth and in detail result. The whole process is not a linear process, though it has more engagement with the researcher (Webster et al., 2017). For this purpose, it has been adopted nowadays widely. Another usefulness of Arksey and O'Malley's framework is helping researchers to find their topic on the web. As this has a considerable research range, so this framework is used. In the topic of reviewing, Arksey and O'Malley's strategies give a proper systematic review (Kermanshachi et al., 2018). Arksey and O'Malley's framework has some basic strategies. Like first of all, research questions have to be identified. Then the following strategy is recognition of correlated studies. On the other hand, the following strategy is a selection of study. Besides those, all the datas should be enlisted in excel sheets. After that, the last stage is summarizing the outcomes results as well as results that should be reported. On the basis of Arksey and O'Malley's report, there may be some recommendation. Those recommendations come such a way, like-
- Searching Question: As there are a lot of questions present, so searching for questions is one of the most critical jobs. In this part, specific questions are searched so that they fulfil the basic of scoping of study in the construction industry (Maskuriy et al., 2019).
- Searching Correlated Studies: As in there, various questions are searched so that one particular has the variant studies related to the question. So recommendations go in such a way to searching for correlated studies as each selected question has the particular studies on their own field.
- Choice of Study: Making a choice of study is one of the most key recommendations. As there are various questions selected, so there are various choices of the study presented. Besides this, one of another reason is on a particular question there are a lot of irrelevant studies present. So the choice of study may play a vital role in this scoping of study on the construction industry (diva-portal.org, 2019).
- Making a choice of study is one of the most key recommendations. As there are various questions selected, so there are various choices of the study presented. Besides this, one of another reason is on a particular question there are a lot of irrelevant studies present. So the choice of study may play a vital role in this scoping of study on the construction industry (diva-portal.org, 2019).
- Result Reporting and Summarization The final recommendations go like reporting and summarization of the final result. After getting the final result, those results can be reported and summarized (Zhang et al., 2019). By this strategy, comparisons may be constructed as comparisons are made, so this has the advantages of overview all the data and stats at the same time. So reporting and summarization of results are some of the key recommendations in scoping of studies in the construction industry. Besides all those recommendations, one additional recommendation may be written as a consultation of exercise (Nelson, 2020). In the context of this report, there may be a concluded part in the scoping of study in the construction industry is an element of consultation. By this part, an additional part may be formed in such a way that one can access insights parts and compare them on the basis of their importance and effectiveness. This may add a valuable impact on society as well as in our topic, which is scoping of study in the construction industry. For this reason, it can add an extra valuable remark. So consultation of exercise can add an extra recommendation to the scoping of study in the construction industry (researchgate.net, 2020). In Google Scholar, there are some examples which used this Arksey & O'Malley framework in scoping of studies. Such as mHealth and eHealth initiatives, dementia care and in housing, supported housing services for people with mental health problems. Not only these but also in the use of flick classroom in higher systems of education. Among all those, dementia care and housing may help to give proper thought to present the work. This paper may give an overall view of the scoping of studies. It also helps to acquire vast knowledge about the scoping of study. This paper was first invented in the UK in the year of 1980. This paper plays a vital role in the term of knowledge because it draws significant results at the end. It also makes a conclusion in the end and draws an overall result. This strategy also neglects the future role-play of housing, and it includes a lack of a number in search gaps. So this helps to draw an overall view and gives a proper way of presenting work. Daudt et al.'s (2013), Hawker et al. (2002) and others played a vital contribution in enhancing the scoping of study methods. Those papers help to give an overall idea about the literature review. Among those critical aims, some are in such a way like those article papers that construct a specific search and publish them. Constructed a proper road map for searching the scoping reviews. After mapping, examine them properly. At last, make recommendations on the basis of their results. So those are the vital contributions of Daudt et al.'s (2013), Hawker et al. (2002) and others in enhancing the scope of study materials in the construction industry. Daudt et al.'s (2013), Hawker et al. (2002) provide some mechanisms for judging the quality of the papers which are being reviewed. It also played a vital role in contribution in enhancing the scoping of study methods. This paper also helps to give a good view of the literature review on the context of the construction industry. The main aim of this mechanism is to draw an accurate result, and with the help of this result, a proper road map can be made. Examine the outcome results and make a proper road map. Those road maps help to search the scoping review. So these are all mechanisms for judging the quality of the papers. Those papers can be reviewed by these mechanisms.
From the basis of the above discussions about the scoping of studies in the construction industry, there are some recommendations provided. Such as in the development of scoping studies, Arksey & O'Malley model can be reconstructed or may be modified. In this recommendation there are some strategies may be formed. Such changes may be placed in their overall strategies. Like research questions may be identified and then the selection process of correlated stats. After that, the selection of study can be implemented after all summarized data should be formed like sheet structures. At the end of all these, the final result should be summarized and make a form of conclusion, as well as a result, should be reported. So those are all recommendations in the context of developing Arksey & O'Malley's framework in scoping of studies in the construction industry. Besides all of these recommendations, one recommendation can be added as a practice of consultation. The practice of consultation refers to a consumer network which has a consultant element. By this consultation practice, there may be an insights option which may be helpful to the researcher to find more results and compare them properly. So those are all things which might be considered as recommendations in the field of scoping of studies in the construction industry.
In the end, it can be concluded that scoping studies help a comprehensive synthesize evidence across a suitable range of designs, detection of significant concepts theories and potential gaps in the literature. The main aim of the scoping study project is to collect the economic evaluation on the basis of project data on the basis of operations with respect to different cases. The new approach is fundamental to gather systematic review on the basis of purpose and aims. A piece of research evidence is essential for providing a summary as per the availability of research questions. Social values are the primary and essential thing which must be measured with financial values with respect to researchers. That is the central and essential part of the economic evaluation of scoping studies in the construction industry. Key concepts are identified for detecting different gaps in the literature and in the policymaking of construction industries. A lot of knowledge can be acquired from various scoping studies, which acts as a significant boon for construction industries. Final results of crucial concepts help in systematic analysis in industries. As per scoping review, problems scoping are easily solved on the basis of concepts and gaps.
Andenæs, E., Kvande, T., Muthanna, T.M. and Lohne, J., 2018. Performance of blue-green roofs in cold climates: a scoping review. Buildings, 8(4), p.55. Egan, A., Maguire, R., Christophers, L. and Rooney, B., 2017. Developing creativity in higher education for 21st century learners: A protocol for a scoping review. International Journal of educational research, 82, pp.21-27. Godin, J., Freeman, A. and Rigby, P., 2019. Interventions to promote the playful engagement in social interaction of preschool-aged children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD): a scoping study. Early Child Development and Care, 189(10), pp.1666-1681. Kermanshachi, S., Safapour, E., Anderson, S., Goodrum, P., Taylor, T. and Sadatsafavi, H., 2018. Exploring current scoping practices used in the development of transportation infrastructure projects. CSCE 12th International Transportation Specialty. Maskuriy, R., Selamat, A., Maresova, P., Krejcar, O. and David, O.O., 2019. Industry 4.0 for the construction industry: review of management perspective. Economies, 7(3), p.68. Nelson, L.K., 2020. Computational grounded theory: A methodological framework. Sociological Methods & Research, 49(1), pp.3-42. Nnedinma, U., 2017. Barriers to construction health and safety self-regulation: A scoping case of Nigeria. Civil Engineering Dimension, 19(1), pp.44-53. Olusoga, P., Bentzen, M. and Kentta, G., 2019. Coach burnout: A scoping review. International sport coaching journal, 6(1), pp.42-62. Romano, C.E., McConchie, S., Blackston, M., Smith, M.S., Pigni, M.T., Croft, S., Wieselquist, W., Skutnik, S., Brown, D.A., Verbeke, J. and Canion, B., 2020. Nuclear Data Scoping Studies for Nonproliferation-paper. Oak Ridge National Lab.(ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Shibasaki, S., Sibthorpe, B., Watkin Lui, F., Harvey, A., Grainger, D., Hunter, C. and Tsey, K., 2019. Flipping the researcher knowledge translation perspective on knowledge use: a scoping study. Alternative: an international journal of Indigenous peoples, 15(3), pp.271-280. Thomas, G., Bennie, J.A., De Cocker, K., Castro, O. and Biddle, S.J., 2019. A descriptive epidemiology of screen-based devices by children and adolescents: a scoping review of 130 surveillance studies since 2000. Child Indicators Research, pp.1-16.