Get free samples written by our Top-Notch subject experts for taking online assignment help services in Australia.
Compliance management system is considered as a system that is formed with integration of various tools, documents, procedures, controls and functions. This is important for all business organization to implement proper system organization that can help them to perform various functions and operations in efficient way Pitner, & Ministr, (2017). This report is based on Charity Care organization whose headquarter is located in Queensland. Main functions that are performed by charity care are- community care and computer care. In an organization different compliances are required to implement better operations and performance standards. This report will be discussing various internal and external compliances that are important for business organization. Various laws that are need to be considered by the organization also will be discussed in study. Various risk that can be faced by organization in condition of not meeting the compliances that are required in the operations. Range of recommendations will be suggested in report that can be used by the organization to meet compliance requirements in effective manner. Penalties in condition of breaching compliance will be analysed for Charity Care. The impact of selected compliance will be analysed on the most affected department of the organization. The research process that is used to collected about the compliance management system will be analysed in report. Application of the data collection and data analyse technique will be provided in report. Target audience of the research process will be described in study. Various elements of the compliance management system will be evaluated in report. Compliance reporting process that will be used in the compliance management system will be analysed in research process. Continuous improvement and training and development process will be provided in study. Documentation and consultation process that is required in the research process will be provided in report. Record management system for compliance management system and procedure that is used in condition of reporting breach also will be analysed in report. Responsibilities and accountability of the compliance management system also will be evaluated in study. Strategies of positive culture development and performance management techniques and monitoring techniques also will be analysed in report.
Internal Compliance Requirements for Charity Care
Different considerations are need to be focused by organization in order to manage compliances in effective manner. Range of changes are need to be implemented in the organization policies and operations in order to develop better system in organization. Before implementing selected compliance management system in organization various actions are need to be performed by the organization in order to meet all the requirements of the company Moffitt, (2019). The changes that are need to be implemented in the organization are mainly based on legislations, social and ethical considerations. The implementation of some changes in organization can reduce the complexities in the implementation of the new compliance management system in company. This process can be regulated by organization through working on policies and processes in order to meet requirements in more effective manner.
Internal compliances of the organization are needed to be considered for making some changes in the policies of the organization to manage the compliances in effective manner. Some of the policies are need to be managed by the organization for effective management of compliances. Here are some operations need to be performed by the management of the organization to manage requirement of compliance management system.
Annual Directors Meetings
For an organization this is important to organize regular meetings of board of directors to review the management of the compliances Irmscher, (2016). All the decisions that are need to be implemented in the organization for the management of the compliances only can be taken by board of directors. This is important for the management of organization to let the directors know about requirements related to the implementation of compliance management system.
Internal Policies and Procedures
In an organization this is required to implement proper policies and procedures in order to fulfil the requirements related to the compliances. Some of policies and procedures that are need to be considered by the organization are- workplace health and safety policy, equality policy, diversity policy, employment policy, business policy and risk management policy. These are some policies that are need to be considered by the organization to manage the compliances in effective manner. All these policies are need to be regulated in order to implement the compliance management system in effective manner.
- Workplace Health and Safety Policy: This policy is need to be regulated in order to keep employees or volunteers safe within the work place. This is also legislation to keep employees in the work place Sackmann, Kuehnel, & Seyffarth, (2018, September). So, this is highly important for the organization to fulfil all legal requirements to keep their actions legal without any problem.
- Equality Policy: This is major problem that is faced by the organization in current time. It is highly difficult for the organization to maintain equality between the people who are associated to the organization in different ways. This process can help to get support from all people to implement compliance management system in organization. This policy is also consists of rules and processes that are designed to prevent discrimination on the work place. This is how better work place culture can be developed in order to meet the compliance requirement in easer manner.
- Diversity Policy: Diversity policy is important to manage talent in organization. This policy also support the organization to improve the recruitment process of company also help the organization to allow different people to get associated with the company.
- Operation Policy: There are different operations are performed in the Charity Care organization. By defining these operation policy in effective manner Hashmi, & Governatori, (2018). Proper changes can be made in the operations policy to reduce the complexity of the operation management policy.
- Risk Management Policy This is important for the organization to manage and reduce various risks in the operations process. This process can help the organization to reduce the chances of failure in operations process. This can improvise the performance of organization in internal processes. This is how various actions needed to be performed by the organization to manage the requirement related to the compliances.
Code of Conduct
Code of conduct is considered as list of some rules and regulations that are need to be followed by the people who are connected to organization to maintain discipline in company. It is also considered as set of rules that must be followed by the people within the organization.
Code of Practice
Code of practice is mainly considered as document that is developed by the operation and human resource management of the organization in order to provide better environment to the people. This document is consists of a guideline that is need to be followed at time of operation.
These are the internal compliances that are required to fulfil the requirements related to the compliance management process in company.
Compliance requirements for External Authorities
For the organization there are different requirements are need to be considered that are related to the external authorities in order to keep actions of the organization effective in target area. This process also provides relevancy to the operations of the business organization. The compliance requirements that are need to be considered for the external authorities are mainly related to business registration, tax obligation, fair trading, contracts, privacy laws, employment law and environment protection law Sillaber, Mussmann, & Breu, (2019). These are some elements related to the external authorities that are need to be considered be the charity Care organization.
- Business Registration: Business registration is considered as process that is required to make the operations and process of the organization relevant in country. Organization have to take Australian Business number to perform various activities. It can be considered as legal certificate that can provide tag of business organization in country.
- Tax Obligation: For an organization this is highly important to pay all the taxes that are required to be paid to prevent any kind of legal action against the company.
- Fair Trading: All the business rules and regulations that are proposed by the government or legal body should be considered by the organization in order to keep stakeholders satisfied with the operations of the company.
- Contracts: There are certain contracts are made by the organization to perform different operations in target area. This is important for the organization to develop effective and legal contracts with the stakeholders in order to keep their actions free from legal and business issues.
- Privacy Laws: It is most important thing for the Charity care organization to follow the privacy law to fulfil ethical requirements related to the compliance. In the operation of organization all personal information related to the stakeholders and employees should be kept private in order to fulfil the guidelines of Privacy Law 1988. According to this law all information that is collected by the organization should be kept private and secure to prevent misuse of it.
- Employment Law: This is important for the Charity care organization to fulfil the terms and conditions that are mentioned in the employment contract González, & Ruggia, (2018). This process help the organization to protect the rights of the employees. Fair Work Act 2009 is need to be followed by the Charity care to protect the rights of the employees in organization.
- Environment Protection Law: In Australia Charity Care organization have to considered the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. This law need to be followed in order to perform operations without affecting environment and biodiversity of country.
Crucial Laws for OrganizationThis is important for the organization to consider the some laws in order to keep organization running effectively. This laws are most important for the continuous operations of organization. Some of laws that are essential for organization are- Taxation Law, Consumer Law, AS 3806:2006 Customer Satisfaction, AS ISO 15489:2004 Record Management and AS/NZS 4360:2004 Risk Management.
Income tax in Australia is imposed by the federal government on the taxable income of individual and corporation Zhang, & He, (2019, March). According to this law it is important for organization to follow taxation guideline to keep their actions legal and free from errors.
Main purpose of this law is to ensure protection of customer rights. This law is about providing proper services to people. If organization do not follow this law then it can affect their operations. For example organization have to follow competition and customer act 2010.
- AS 3806:2006 Customer Satisfaction: There are some standards are need to be followed by the organization in order to perform their operation with higher success rate. This is all about the alignment of all organization strategies in order to improve the performance of organization in internal operations van Rooij, & Fine, (2019). By this process compliance management can be improved for Charity Care.
- AS ISO 15489:2004 Record Management: Main purpose of record management system is to improve the process of record management for the business organization. This system also helps the organization to manage their records in effective manner and also improve the reliability of the record management process. Record management process can help the organization to manage their data and information in effective manner to utilise them at effective time.
- AS/NZS 4360:2004 Risk Management: It is most important for an organization to manage risk effectively in order to reduce number of failure in internal and external operations. AS/NZS 4360:2004 is considered as risk management guide that can be used by the organization to manage various type of risk in operations.
Risk for Organization is Compliance Requirement not Met
If the compliance requirement do not met then it can affect various operations of organization in internal external operations. Some of major risk for organization in condition of compliance requirement are unmet are- Fines, Closure of Business, Limitation of Organizational Activities, and reputation damage, Accidents, Staff Turnover, Poor Work Culture and Financial Loss Gorgo?, Raczkowski, & Kraft, (2019). These are major risks for organization while they are not able to meet the requirements related to the compliances.
- Fines and Financial Loss: Financial risk are major risks to the organization. IF laws are not followed in organization then legal authorities can take actions against the organization and also can charge fine for not meeting requirements. It can also affect the financial performance of Charity Care and it can increase the expenses of organization.
- Closure of Business: If the compliance requirements are not met then it can cause major loss to the company and it can lead to financial loss. This kind of situation can lead the organization to closure.
- Limitation of Organizational Activities: If the compliance requirements are not met then it can affect the operations of organization. This impact on the operations of organization can reduce the capability to perform vast operations.
- Reputation Damage: As the operations of the organization get affected if compliances requirements are not met. It can affect the performance and operations of organization Mittendorf, (2017). Poor operational performance can affect the reputation of organization in target market.
- Accidents: If the compliance requirements are not met then it can affect the standards that are important to maintain better work practices in organization. Poor working conditions can lead to accidents within the work place.
- Staff Turnover: If the compliance requirements are not fulfilled then it can affect the work conditions of the organization. Poor environment and work place conditions can reduce the employee motivation. This can increase the staff turnover rate of the organization.
- Poor Work Culture: All the compliance requirements are need to be fulfilled by the organization in order to develop better work conditions for the employees. If compliance requirements are not completed then it can develop poor culture in work place.
Recommendations to Meet Requirement of the Compliance
There are different process processes are different processes and methods can be used by the organization to meet the requirements of compliances. Some processes that can be used for the compliance management for the organization.
- Regular Internal and External Audits: Regular internal and external audits can help the organization to understand the conditions of the organization in order to find and evaluate the need of compliance management system. This process is effective to evaluate the current requirements.
- Feedback System: Feedback system is considered as system that can be used by the organization to get reviews from the employees and stakeholders of organization Coglianese & Nash, (2020). This process can be used by the organization to find the requirements related to the compliances from stakeholder views.
- Advance Tracking System: Organization can use advance tracking system for real time analysis. This process can be used to find the future requirements related to the compliances. This process is most effective to get specific information about compliances.
- Proper Documentation: Effective documentation process can be used by the organization to get proper overview of the compliances that are used in company Hashmi, Ranjan, & Anand, (2018). This process can be considered as effective process to analyse the compliance requirement for organization.
- Hiring of Compliance personnel: By hiring skilled and specialised personnel organization can manage the compliance requirements in effective way. This process can reduce the level of risk for company.
- Keep Registration and Licenses:
By maintaining proper registrations and licenses organization can keep their compliances updated. This is most effective process to track and manage the compliance requirements of the company.
These are some processes that can be used by the organization in order to manage the compliances that are required for Charity Care.
Penalties on Breaching Compliances
There are some penalties can be faced by organization on breaching compliance. Main penalties that can be faced by organization on compliance breach are- financial fines, business closure, reduced business capabilities, imprisonment and cancelation of the licenses and registrations. It can affect the operations of the organization in internal and external processes.
Impact of Selected Compliance on OrganizationDifferent compliance management system have different impact on departments of organization. The compliance management system that is considered for organization is Logicgate. The Departments of the organization that will be affected by the compliance management system are- Accounting and Finance, Ethics and Grievance and privacy Kim, (2020). These are the departments that are mainly affected by the compliance management system. Main department that will be affected by the compliance management system is account and finance department and privacy department. Logicgate system will improve the operations of both these departments in order to get better results for company.
- Research Methodology: In this research process qualitative research process will be used in order to get information and knowledge to answer the question which are need to be considered. In the qualitative research process theoretical and observation data can be considered in order to get proper information related to the compliances of organization.
- Research Techniques Used in Research Process:The research techniques that can be used in the research process are- Observations, personal interviews, surveys and secondary research process Hastenrath, (2016). These techniques are used by the organization to collect information about the compliances management system that is required for organization. In this process information required from different sources can be used to analyse the result related to the research technique and processes that are used to analyse the data collected in research process.
- Elements of the Compliance Management System
In the compliant handling process there are various things are need to be considered by the organization in order to manage the complaints that are filed by the employees. All the complaints that are filed by the employees and stakeholders should be respected by the organization to manage the compliances in the operation processes. These complaints should be handled by the experienced and skilled personnel. Complaints should be effectively analysed in order to find the reasons of the complaints which are filed by the people Kami?ski. (2018). Proper response should be provided to the employees. Solutions of the problems should be provided with in time limit.
Different processes can be used by the organization to find the solution of the problems that are filed by employees. Main processes that are used in the complaint management processes are- Alternative Response, Investigation and Internal review. These process of complaint management can help the organization to provide fast solution to the people of organization.
Alternative Response- In this process organization can use face to face communication process with the people in order to get information about their complaint and provide proper solution to them.
Investigation- In this process senior managers of the organization can perform investigation in order to find the authenticity of the complaint that is filed by the employees.
Internal review- In this process internal functions of the organizations are considered by the organization to provide the solution to the employees in effective way.
This is how some processes can be used by the organization to handle the problems that are filed by the employees and other stakeholder of the organization.
In the general approach organization can also use some other processes in order to provide effective solution to the complaints that are filed by the people. Some of the common ways are- Define the complaint based on its nature and put it into the category of issue or complaint Saralaya, Saralaya, & D’Souza, (2019). Define the type or subject of the complaint. What are the factors that are affecting the people should be analysed on the primary basis. This is also need to be analysed that who can deal with problem in organization. Main outcomes of the complaints also should be analysed by the management of the organization. Information required for the problem solving should be analysed on the primary manner.
Compliance Reporting Process
In the organization compliance reporting process is scheduled in order to manage the compliances of the organization in effective manner. Three compliance reporting processes are used in organization. Quarterly Reporting, Focus Report and Annual Reporting, These processes are used by organization to report to the compliances of company.
Quarterly Reporting- In this process compliances, current trends and processes of the organization are analysed on quarterly basis in order to analyse the compliance requirement of the organization.
Focus Report- In this process a team is developed within the organization to deal with focused or specific areas of the organization in each cycle of three months.
Annual Reporting- In this process all the compliance requirement are analysed on basis of the annual report of the company. This process of analysing compliance reporting is generally used by the organizations.
In charity care organization quarterly and annual compliance reporting processes are used to find better solutions.
Continuous Improvement Process
This is highly important for the organization to develop a system with in organization to maintain the quality of operations in organization in manage the compliances in effective manner. In this process various decisions are taken by the organization to improve the performance of the organization by targeting the issues and problems that are faced by Charity Care Organization in Operations. For this process PDCA process is used Shirtcliffe, (2020). It is acronym of Plan, Do, Check and Act. This steps are used by the organization to manage the continupos process.
- Plan- On basis of annual and quarterly compliance report proper plan should be developed for the continuous improvement process.
- Do- According to the plan particular actions are performed with in the process of compliance management or improvement process..
- Check- With the implementation of the process relevancy of the implemented processes is analysed at these stage..
- Act- At this stage implemented changes in the organization are standardised in order to make them permanent in order to maintain the effectiveness of the organization in various actions that are important for the growth of company in target market..
This is how continuous improvement processes can be implemented in organization.
Training and Induction for Compliance Management System
Logicgate system is new to the people of the organization. So, it is important for the organization to provide effective training and induction to the employees to make them aware of the functions and actions that can be performed with help of the Logicgate system. In this process Record Keeping training can be provided to the people in order to make them capable of working with new record keeping system in this training employees of organization are trained on various functions and processes that are performed in the Logicgate system. Apart from this training employees are also can be provided with risk management technique in order to manage the information of the organization in right way.
Documentation of Compliance Requirement
There are different documents are required in order to analyse the requirement of the organization related to the compliance management. Some of the main documents that are required for the compliance requirement are- Annual Report, Customer Complaint Register, Policy and Procedures and Continuous Improvement Record. All these documents are required to get proper over overview of the compliances that are required for the organization Hu, (2020, January). Annual report can provide complete overview of the compliance requirement that should be implemented in organization. Customer compliant register can be used by the organization to analyse the problems that are face by the company in delivery of the services and facilities to the target consumers. Policy and procedures record can be used to get overview of the internal process of the organization. Continuous improvement register can be used to regularly improve the performance of organization in internal operations.
Consultation with Stakeholders
Stakeholders are the people who have major information that can be used by the management of the organization regarding the compliance requirement in organization. This process can help the organization to get better presentation of the compliances that are effective for organization and the compliances that are required in organization in order to improve the